This 104-year-old event has considerable history in the community!
As an Oakpointe representative, I joined this committee in 2012. A new chairman was taking the reigns of the festival and I helped through:
1. Composing a new format to glean sponsors and program advertising
2. Designing the logo, event signage, print ads, Facebook ads and posts
3. Entertainment Chair; hire bands, magic shows, and started a new "Community Performance" night
4. Program Manager--design, layout and printing of a 36-page glossy program that is distributed before the event
5. Assured the participation and sponsorship of Oakpointe--ran a booth at the festival, while fulfilling my committee responsibilities
6. I have been active on this committee since 2012