This four-year project began in 2013. My office location in the community made it an excellent opportunity to start a Farmer's Market, at the behest of Oakpointe.
All of the event setup, graphics, messaging, promotion and management was in my hands.
I started from scratch early in 2013 and by June the market was up and running. The duration of my management of the market was four years. Typical seasons included:
1. Apply for the proper permits through the city and King County
2. Solicit vendors and fill the booth spaces openings with the proper variety and depth
3. Include the local community in any way possible to build customer loyalty and a sense of community pride
4. Develop a "theme" calendar for each week and arrange for special appearances and entertainment
5. Plan, develop and execute all advertising and promotional work
6. Oversee the weekly execution of the market, ensure that permitting standards were upheld, track customer counts, that setup and takedown was efficient, and to collect vendor fees and turn in financial reports weekly
7. Other duties as necessary
It was necessary to close the market down for the 2017 season as my office location was leased to another firm. The market grew from about 75 average visitors per week to about 350 at its peak. Starting count for active vendors was about 8 per week and grew to 28+ at its peak.